Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

I Want Candy

This week sucked.  Seriously.  

Between my wacked out emotions, goodbyes, hellos and nice to meet yous, I am surprised I made it through the week in one piece.  Maybe I should not speak so soon. 

It wasn't entirely bad.  It never is.  But in retrospect, the bad definitely outweighed,  with no pun intended.  

I'll start with the good. Of course I'm always thankful for my friends and family and all of the wonderful days I get to spend with my husband and kids. They are always on the good side, even when my kids are being bad.    I am also happy to report...

I got the promotion I applied for. (And looked damn good doing it too!) This was certainly cause for celebration.  Now how did I celebrate?  

Bring on the bad.  

Like a Girls Gone Wild episode of The Best Thing I Ever Ate, my inner fat girl did everything in her power to find the best thing "she" ever ate.  And she denied herself nothing. 

As it turns out, the Toasted Marshmallow Smores cheesecake is still by far the best thing ever.  But that wasn't for lack of trying.  I worked very hard to find it a worthy opponent.  Unfortunately, nothing came close.  At least not during this run. 

Sadly I must report that the "healthiest" meal I ate this week looked exactly like this...

Equally sad... The healthiest thing I can say about said meal is that it was "gluten free". 

Big F-ing deal!

And why the binge this time? (That apparently lasted for days instead of just hours.)  I wish I knew.  I have racked the inner depths of my being to find a decent answer.  All I can come up with is that my need for an extremely intense carbogasm was much greater than my actual desire to be thin. 

I recall having this exact conversation with a friend this week at work.  "I wish I was thin."  I remember saying to her.  I immediately followed that statement with, "well I guess that isn't entirely true otherwise I'd stop shoving all this shit in my mouth that makes me fat to begin with."  She didn't have to agree with me.  We both knew I was right. 

And so after many cookies and donuts and terrible meals.  And let's not forget the cheesecake.  I stand here trying to shove my ever expanding ass into my favorite pair of jeans.  Certainly I must realize they are 1 Oreo away from being too small. (Maybe 2). 

If I know I can do this.  And I know it is completely within my control.  Why don't I do it?   

What is stopping me?

Nothing today.  Today is a good day. Maybe today is "the" day.  Today is always the best day to start.  


No comments:

Post a Comment