Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sake To Me

I must say I have learned a lot about food and drink benefits over the past 52 days.   But sometimes it is hard to discuss the benefits of alcohol, because I do not drink.  Tonight however, Ty Ku gifted us a bottle of Sake, and I am supposed to discuss the health benefits of it vs other alcoholic beverages.  Normally I would do this simply by reading, but today I thought, what the heck.  Why not drink the bottle?

Just kidding!  While some days I wish I drank, believe me, I do, I just don't do it.  And I am not about to start.   So thank you to Google for helping me with this task today.

Sake can help prevent liver cancer.  It is also excellent in stress reduction as is other alcoholic beverages.  It increases good cholesterol and helps to remove LDL (the bad stuff) that is accumulated in the blood vessels by transporting them to the liver.

While I don't think most people actually drinks alcohol to remain warm, Sake is known for keeping the body warm longer than other alcoholic beverages, which means better blood circulation in the body and brain.

There are also some very interesting uses for Sake that are beyond the ordinary.  It has been used by workers of sake-breweries as medicine to cure burns and cuts, remove freckles, cure chaps and cracks, and smoothing the skin by actually bathing in it.  

Sake has a very high Selenium content, which protects cells from damage, and is normally found in tuna, flounder and scallops.

And lastly, these days Sake is being used for its health benefits in skin care and beauty.  Because it is rich in amino acids, it has become a key ingredient in many cosmetics.  

As for me...  I won't be drinking it anytime soon.   But that does not mean I am opposed to testing out those soft skin benefits in the hot bath I am about to retreat too.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment