Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Half Way There

Wow...  I don't even know where to begin.  Tomorrow is officially 30 days.  My half way mark.  I am excited to have lost weight but I must admit, I was hoping I would be a little farther along by this time.  I guess because I lost a lot of weight in the beginning, I have had a really tough time these past three weeks where I have hardly moved at all.  I feel like I have gained and lost the same pound now at least 15 times.  So tomorrow morning I will go and do my official half way point weigh in.  I guess as long as I have lost weight, I am moving in the right direction.  And I know I have come a long way from where I was when I started.

I have learned to love vegetables even more than I did before.  I hardly ever have a starch when I am having my bowl and when I do, I usually ask for a 1/4 serving of brown rice.  Today was a little bit of a welcome change because our task today was to try one of the limited time offers at the restaurant.  My Genghis Grill has pulled pork on the menu.

So I had some.  But I must admit that it wasn't the first time I have had the pulled pork.  And it is really good.  But today they had something new too.

Even though it is not marked limited time, I decided to try it as well.  So I mixed the pulled pork with the paprika chicken, the usual veggies I enjoy so much, and 1/2 Mongo BBQ and 1/2 Sweet N Sour, and it was amazing.  While pulled pork isn't exactly the type of meat you expect to find in a stir fry, the parts that were crispy from the grill, with the BBQ sauce, tasted really good. I would totally have them both again.  Especially together. 

I only ate half my bowl tonight.  I saved the other half for lunch tomorrow.  I think I am kind of nervous for the weigh in.  I just don't think I am where I should be to be a competitor in this competition.  I am really going to have to step it up a notch or two.  On a positive note however, I have come a heck of a long way in my goal to be able to run a full 5k.  When I started my journey, I couldn't run more than a minute without stopping.  On Feb 18th, 8 days after the contest began, this was my time in the 36 minutes I allow myself during my lunch break. 

With an average speed of 3.1, I obviously did mostly walking.  But I worked hard.  And I have gone from being able to barely run for a minute, to running for 16 minutes straight.  I do still slow down and walk for a few minutes after the initial 16 minutes and I end with running for 8 more minutes.  This was what it looked like today.

I must say I am super proud of myself.   My goal is to run the full 36 minutes within the next 30 days. I think I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment