Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend...

Red Diamond Tea that is...

I am in the process of trying to get away from the evil that is soda pop.  I have a serious addiction.  I require Diet Dr. Pepper from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed.  It is the only vice I have, and I have been very reluctant to let it go.   But it is time...

The timing was perfect because for this challenge, Red Diamond Tea (www.reddiamond.com) provided me with a box of green tea. AWESOME!!!!!


At first I was hesitant.  I am not a tea drinker.  I genuinely don't like it unless it is flavored, with peach or some other fruity flavor, that probably takes away from the entire aspect of it being tea to begin with.   But last night, our requirement was to have a glass with dinner.  So I did...  and I liked it.

I can't say I was head over heals in love with it, but it was good.  And it made me think... if I could drink tea, it could help me kick this horrible diet soda habit I have.  So I did a little research.  It turns out, tea is actually good for you.  (and in case you were wondering, diet soda, not so much.)

Tea can boost your endurance, making exercising easier.  Green tea can increase the body's ability to burn fat.  And when it comes to cancer, it is possible that tea just might help protect you from breast, colon, colorectal, skin, lung, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, pancreas, liver, ovarian, prostate and oral cancers, making it kind of a no brainer in my opinion.  If there is a chance that tea can protect you from those horrific cancers, why wouldn't you drink it?  

Turns out, tea is not only very hydrating, but it can also help reduce the risk of heart attack and protect you against cardiovascular diseases.  It might also be beneficial in the prevention of certain neurological diseases. It has also been found to improve bone mineral density, and best of all, strength.

Overall, I can't really find many reasons why I shouldn't be drinking tea.  I can however, with a simple google search, find many many reasons why I should kick the diet soda habit...  And as I said, the timing was perfect.  I am already making this change to my lifestyle, and I am motivated more than ever, so I am positive I can do it.  

So goodbye Diet Dr. Pepper.

I will always hold you near and dear to my heart, but you just aren't any good for me.  Its not me, its you. And therefor I must say goodbye.  I will miss you, but this is for the best.  Now I need to go brew myself a glass of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment