Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Red Red Wine...

You make me feel so fine...

I remember that song.  I used to love to sing it.  I remember rocking out in the car with my UB40 tape in the tape deck.  Yes, I said tape deck.  Totally dating myself.  Little did I know then though, how true that statement really was.

Red wine provides numerous health benefits.  The most important, in my opinion of course, is that it is actually good for your heart.  Red wine contains an  antioxidant compound called resveratrol that protects your heart and your arteries from the horrible effects of saturated fat.  The alcohol in Red Wine helps to raise your levels of good cholesterol and helps prevent blood clots.  Red wine helps prevent and protect your heart from cardiovascular disease.

But it doesn't stop there.  Red wine has additional benefits as well.  It contains antioxidants, as I already discussed. These antioxidants not only help the heart, they help to slow the signs of aging and help in the prevention of diseases like type 2 diabetes.  Red wine can also help prevent cancer, which to me is amazing, and also helps in the prevention of tooth decay.

And the best part... Thanks to Genghis Grill and One Hope Wine, (who gives 50% of their proceeds to charity) I have a bottle waiting for me to pop open and pour a glass.



Cheers to good health!







No comments:

Post a Comment