Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

I Have A Dream

It is funny how quickly you can lose track of things.  Especially when it comes to yourself.  Our challenge today was to write our own I have a dream speech, and oddly this one hit home a little more than the other challenges have so far.

I do have a dream.  I have always been overweight.  I was not born with the "skinny" genes and I certainly was not the girl who could eat whatever they wanted.  I was always active in sports, but was always the larger girl on the team, no matter what I did.  And when I was older, I got really over weight.  And I worked.  I worked so hard and for so long to get down to a size that I was comfortable looking at every day.  To get to a part of my life where I was healthy, and happy with who I was, both inside and out.  And somewhere along the way I lost track of that.  I have a dream that I know this Genghis Grill Health Kwest challenge will help me achieve, because I can already see it happening right before my eyes.   My dream is for this journey to help me find myself again.  To help remind me why I worked so hard to begin with.  Why I wanted to get to where I was in the first place.  And every day as I go for a run on the treadmill or a walk around my complex, I remind myself why I am doing this.  And I am thankful of the opportunity that I have been given by Genghis Grill.  They have motivated me in ways I am not sure I would have been able to come up with on my own.

My Dream - To Be Back To A Size I Am Comfortable With




No comments:

Post a Comment