Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Feeling A Bit Like A Celebrity

As my journey progresses I realize how far I still have to go.  This is not a bad thing at all.  It was simply a realization that I have not yet fully completed 2 weeks.  I am on day 12 of 60 and knowing how far I have already come makes me even more excited for what is in store.

I started doing intervals on the treadmill at work this week. After a warm up, I change between walking for 4 minutes and running for 4 minutes.  Straight.  Without stopping.  Just so we are clear, I do not run for 30 seconds straight, yet alone for 4 minutes.  I successfully completed 3 out of the 4 days. YEA ME!!!!

In related news... my jeans finally fit again.  I honestly never thought I was going to be able to say that. I seriously refused to go buy new ones.  Especially in a bigger size.  Hello Yoga Pants!  Ha ha ha.  Which I find extremely comfortable and are no longer any indication of how my pants fit.

I realize I am totally random today.  I feel like I have bloggers ADD or something.  Anyway, when I first heard I was going to be able to take part in this awesome opportunity, my friend Amanda went on Ebay and bid on one of those stability balls to use at work.  (Which I still owe her for.)  Anyway, it came in and was sitting on my desk on Tuesday.  I was so excited.
It looks so sweet and innocent

It was absolutely impossible to inflate.  I tried and tried and tried.  And then I called in my faithful friend who I just knew was gonna be able to MI this baby.  We worked before work, and after hours.  On breaks and lunches.  We even learned to multi-task.
Michelle - Multi Tasking At It's Best!

Nothing worked.  By the end of the 2nd day, it seemed we were no closer than the 1st.  I realize it may look a little bigger, but far from usable.
Poor little stability ball.  It looks so sad and lonely.

Day 3 and it was almost there.  I realize at this point most people would have gone down to the gas station and filled that baby up.  Not us.  We were on our own mission I guess.
Soooooo Close!
And then... today it happened.  I was so excited I forgot to actually try it out.  Michelle did though.  She said it needs a handle, and then it would be perfect.  (picture the date scene on Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter Is Dead, bouncing through the aisles of the store.)  I will have to try it out next week and report back!
Mission Accomplished!

My Health Kwest Board was due today, so when I got home, I finished that up really quick.  Then we all went to K's basketball game.  They lost. :-( She did well though.  I didn't make it to Genghis tonight until almost 8:30pm. I walked in with my board and they were so nice and helped me get it put up and take a really nice picture of it.  I left a big space on the board so I could update it later with more pictures.  Since it is only 12 days into my journey, it would be nice to provide some updates along the way. 
I think I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself!

Having a poster with my pictures on it, (even if some were awful) and advertising my blog and my twitter and instagram kinda made me feel like a celebrity.  That mixed with the fact that the staff at GG are beginning to know my name, and definitely know my face. And they are always so incredibly nice.  Someone always asks how things are going or what my task is for the day.  It is so nice to have support not only from my friends and family, but from the management and employees of my location as well.  They are amazing.

Tomorrow is a blog day, but I have a video due on Sunday so we will be hitting the batting cages tomorrow.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment