Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

No Excuses Please

Day 2 - Done!  And boy am I glad to be able to say that.  After the many obstacles I had to hurdle over today, I am surprised I am still functioning.  I woke up this morning ready to take on the world. Let's just say that didn't happen.   I did not get to walk at all today, and even missed my lunch time work out.  Not without reason, but I refuse to make excuses so I will just accept responsibility and vow to get it right tomorrow.  5,100 steps is not even close to near where I would like to be, and certainly isn't even close to my minimum goal of 10,000. The hardest part for me to accept, deal with and correct is the fact that while what kept me from getting my exercise in today at work was unavoidable, I could have and should have come home and kicked it into high gear.  But I did not.

We had plans, (my husband and I) to meet Mom and Dad for dinner tonight.  At Genghis Grill of Course. Our son had a basketball game at 6 pm so the plan was to meet at 5 for dinner and then go to the game together.  Unfortunately another wrench in our plans landed most of my family a quick fast food meal on the way to the game, and my daughter and I on our own for dinner.

  A Quick Selfie Before Dinner (Sorry So Blurry)

K does not eat veggies.  Ever.  She despises most of them.  And she is my least picky child.  Anyway... I told her that if she was going to be my dinner date, she had to choose at least one item from the veggie section.  The sneak filled her bowl with pork, marinated beef, pulled pork, pepperoni, shaved beef, an egg, and potato. And then she threw in 3 small slices of carrot for good measure.  Sigh.  Sometimes I just have to give up.  When we were choosing our starch, she did pause to ask me which item was the healthiest option, and ordered the brown rice as I recommended.  I must admit I was a little surprised. 

Before Cooking

I went a little differently, but did not stray too far from my norm.  I realize I have 58 more days ahead of me, so variety will definitely come into play.  Just not today.  So today I had shaved beef with garlic powder, 3g mix, (my favorite) white onions, water chestnuts, and 2 very large extra helpings of bean sprouts. I did a full portion of brown rice today for 2 reasons.  First, after calculating all of my calories from yesterday, I felt like I didn't quite eat enough to lose weight the healthy way.  If I am not healthy at the end of all this, then what is the point?  Second, my lunch was extremely small due to the issues of my day, so I wanted to make sure I was eating enough.  When I don't eat enough, I tend to binge at night.  And I certainly don't want to do that.

















The one on the right is obviously vegetable free.

I was actually able to convince KK to try a bean sprout.  I explained to her that they are a little crunchy and take on the flavor of the sauce.  She said they were OK, and that she just might try them next time.  We shall see.  As you can almost see from the picture of her bowl, she began her meal with chopsticks.  But since we did not want to miss too much of A's game, she switched to a fork.


And she definitely didn't hate it. The kid actually ate every last bite.  No to go box for her.  I thought she was going to lick the bowl.  


In the end, it turned out to be a good night.  I had a good dinner with a great date, and even though I did not get to share my evening with the entire family as planned, I was able to catch up to them at the basketball game.  But not before a quick pic with the crew at Genghis Grill.

And in case you are wondering...  We lost by 1.  FROWNY FACE!




No comments:

Post a Comment