Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 1 - Done! Weigh In, Before Pic and Thoughts

Wow.  Today was a little bit of a rough day for me.  But I am pretty sure that is just because it is Monday, and generally speaking, Monday's usually suck.  I did not get up any earlier than normal, and planned on doing my exercise during my breaks and lunch today.  I know better than to go full throttle on the first day, or I wind up sore and miserable and on the brink of giving up by the time the week is over.

I went to Specialty Health in the morning to get my weigh in completed.  Yeah... that was not fun at all.  My jaw hit the floor and I quite literally could have lost my breakfast (had I already eaten breakfast.) when I saw that number.  Truly embarrassing. I cannot believe I allowed myself to get to this point.  I took a few before pictures.


They were completely hideous.  I am only including a front facing one for now.  I am too horrified to include the one from the side that makes me look 9 months prego.   No thank you.  I will however include it in my final before and after post on day 60, so we can all see how I killed it.

During lunch, I visited the tiny little work out room we have at my work.  My friend Jennifer joined me.  I am thankful for that because I am not sure I would have found the gumption otherwise.  And when I say tiny, I mean tiny...

The only thing you can't see in this picture is the elliptical machine and a few some barbell weights. I am actually very thankful that this little gym is here.  It really made a difference for me today.  I did 15 minutes on the treadmill at 3 mph with an incline of 7, and then spent 10 minutes on the exercise bike and a medium resistance.  Not bad considering I did zero exercise last week.  At all.  Seriously.  Unless you count scrolling my phone with my thumb.  Didn't think so.

When I got home, I visited with the fam for a little while and then headed down to Genghis Grill to eat my first bowl.   I stuck mostly to what I know I enjoy today, just to get me started on the right foot.  Chicken with garlic powder, 3 G veggie mix, some extra sprouts and white onions and 1/2 serving of brown rice.  I usually go for fried rice and udon noodles mixed, so I think I did pretty good there.  I also added 1 ladle full of the honey soy sauce, instead of the 2.5 ladles I usually get.


Pretty huh.  And I drank water with my meal.  I must admit that eating dinner in a restaurant sitting alone really put me out of my comfort zone.  Usually if I am eating alone, it is because I don't want anyone to see me shoveling food into my mouth like I will never eat again.  Hopefully this is something I will become more comfortable with as I progress.  

All in all I think I did ok.  My eating was right on track and I did rack up my 10,000 steps and it is only 8pm so who knows where that will end up.  I am proud of myself on day one.  Obviously I will need to step up my game and push myself more, but hey... we have to start somewhere right?


No comments:

Post a Comment