Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Health Kwest 2014

I don't blog.  Though I must admit it is something I have always wanted to try.  To be honest, I find the idea of sharing my thoughts with everyone on the internet very intriguing, like I might actually say something that will have a positive impact on somebody out there, somewhere.  But truth be told, most blogs don't get read by thousands of people. Or even hundreds.  Most are lucky to be read at all.  So,  I don't blog.  Until now...

I recently decided to enter a contest at my local Genghis Grill restaurant.  For those who don't know, it is a Mongolian Grill type restaurant where you pick your meats and veggies and sauces and they throw it on the giant grill and cook it for you.  I LOVE IT!  There is one very close to our house, and I find myself wanting to go there quite often.  But I digress...  The contest.  Ah yes.    I entered a contest where one person is chosen to represent a location for what is called the Health Kwest.   And I won.  I will be representing the Reno, NV location.  So what exactly does this mean?

For the next 60 days, I am on a kwest to become healthy.  I will begin choosing healthy options for my meals instead of the junk I have currently been eating.  I will also be adding in exercise daily and... drinking more water.  (I know, my jaw dropped too.)   I will be incorporating one meal a day in the form of a Genghis Grill bowl courtesy of Genghis Grill themselves while trying to lose weight and work my way back to a healthy lifestyle.    But wait... there is more.

In order to win, I must also complete many social media tasks, like posting videos on YouTube, pictures on Instagram and of course, status updates on Twitter and Facebook.  And my favorite.  I must blog.  And while blogging every day is not a requirement, I am going to try to do so.  I think it will keep me motivated.  It will help me find my strengths, and define and defeat my weaknesses.

I figure in the end, I will be a winner no matter what.  While $10,000 would be amazing, to just be able to get my diet back under control will be worth every meal, every drop of sweat, every ice cream I say no to, and every day of the next 60 days to remind me that this journey does not truly end in 60 days, but it is certainly the kick start I need to get back of track, and back to me.

1 comment: